You’re planning your college visits. You’ve got at list of questions to ask the admissions counselor, but what about a list of questions to ask current students?
If you want honest answers from the people who have experienced what you’re about to experience, then you want to ask the students.
Here are 10 questions to ask a student when visiting colleges:
- What are you studying?
- Have you had an internship or are you planning to have one?
- How accessible are your professors?
- What is the social life like on campus?
- What do students usually do on weekends?
- Can students live on campus all four years?
- Can students have cars on campus?
- How is the food?
- Why did you choose this school?
- Are you happy here?
You may find that you like to ask just one or two of these questions at each school or you may want to ask all of them. It’s up to you.
Keep a journal
After you visit each college or university, take a few minutes to write down three things you liked and three things you didn’t like (or liked less) about each school. Also write down any questions you still have that didn’t get answered during your visit so that you can ask them at a later date. This information will be helpful when it comes time to decide where you want to spend the next four years of your life.
The good news is, no matter what college you decide to attend, with a little hard work and dedication, you’re on the right road to a bright future. Good luck!